The Artists Guild LLC opened its doors in May 2005 at 139 N Third Ave. Within a year, it was determined that the space was too small and the store was move to 117 N Third where it resided until September of 2012. In the late summer of 2012, the Bradleys moved the store to its current location at 215 N Third Avenue, seen above in an early 1900's photograph.
The Scofield Block, now the home of the Artists Guild & Door County Frame Station, was built in the early years of 1900. The block consists of three buildings. The corner building, built in 1900, was originally the Bank of Sturgeon Bay which was topped by the clock tower. In 1939, the clock tower was removed for safety reasons. The building attached to the right was Scofield Hardware, built in 1903. In the latter years of the 1950s, the Bank of Sturgeon Bay acquired the hardware building, opening a wall between them and moved its operation onto the main floor. The block changed hands in 1975 when it was sold to Harman Studio, and then again into its current owners the Bradleys who own the Artists Guild and Door County Frame Station.
Historic Third Ave
Original called Cedar Street, Third Avenue is Sturgeon Bay's main street. Sturgeon Bay is the city of Door County, boasting a population over 9,000 with a rich maritime history.